You Can Also Listen To The Entire News
If you received an in-app message stating your account is “Temporarily banned” this means that you’re likely using an unsupported version of WhatsApp instead of the official WhatsApp app. If you don’t switch to the official app after being temporarily banned, your account might be permanently banned from using WhatsApp.
Unsupported apps, such as WhatsApp Plus and GB WhatsApp, are altered versions of WhatsApp. These unofficial apps are developed by third parties and violate our Terms of Service. WhatsApp doesn’t support these third-party apps because we can’t validate their security practices.
Switch to the official WhatsApp app
You might need to back up your chat history before moving to the official WhatsApp app. The name of the unsupported app you’re using determines whether you need to transfer your chat history. Locate the name of the app by tapping More Options > Settings > Help > App info. Follow the steps below based on the name of the app: WhatsApp Plus or GB WhatsApp.
If you’re using an app other than WhatsApp Plus or GB WhatsApp, we recommend saving your chat history before downloading the official WhatsApp app.
We recommend following the steps below to save and transfer your chat history. Failure to follow these steps could result in loss of chat history. Please note that we can’t guarantee this will be a successful chat history transfer because WhatsApp doesn’t support unofficial apps.
- Wait for your temporary ban to end. The timer will show you the length of the ban.
- In GB WhatsApp, tap More options > Chats > Back up chats.
- Go to Phone Settings > tap Storage > Files.
- Find the folder GB WhatsApp and tap and hold to select it.
- In the upper right corner tap More > Rename and rename the folder to “WhatsApp”.
- Navigate to the Play Store and download the official WhatsApp app. If you can’t access the Play Store, download the app here.
- In WhatsApp, verify your phone number.
- On the Backup found screen, tap Restore > Next.
- WhatsApp should load with your existing chats.
If your chat history was previously saved, it should automatically transfer to the official WhatsApp app.
- Navigate to the Play Store and download the WhatsApp app. If you can’t access the Play Store, download the app here.
How to avoid being “Banned”
Well if only I knew how to avoid being banned, I wouldn’t have been banned in the first place. All the tricks I tried being geeky about failed so I can’t recommend them to you. The only way to avoid being banned either temporarily or permanently is to avoid the use of Third Party WhatsApp applications. If you are already using one, I will advise you to switch to Official Whatsapp before you get a ban flagged on your face
With the official WhatsApp app, you have no problem.
If this article was helpful, don’t forget to share it with a friend or family. Let us know your reviews or experience with the WhatsApp Ban in the comment session below.